Ballard High School

 

Ballard High School

1418 NW 65th St
Seattle, WA 98117
Architect:  Mahlum & Nordfors Mckinley Gordon

 
Completed in the summer of 1999 in time for the opening of the 99-00 school year, the new Ballard High School continues in the tradition of the old.  The original school was built in the mid-to-late 1920’s, and though it was a facility which served its community well, its usefulness had finally run its course.  Over 350,000 CMU & brick were used in the new 240,000 s.f. high school.  This includes five different special order bricks, and a combination of split face and ground face CMU.  In order to maintain a resemblance to the old high school, the new school incorporated as much of the original precast concrete as possible.  When not possible or feasible, the design team duplicated and incorporated the original look into the new structure.