Broadway Commerce Center

 

Broadway Commerce Center (Center Court)
Location: 44 W. Broadway; Eugene, OR
Architect: Ankrom Moisan
General Contractor: John Hyland Construction

 
Starting life as the McMorran and Washburne Department Store in 1928, the building now known as the Broadway Commerce Center was an integral part of downtown Eugene in the mid-20th century. Several renovations later, including many years as a JC Penny, the building’s owners wanted to restore its original appearance. Working with John Hyland Construction in 2011, J&S was able to reproduce the building’s original arched appearance on both street fronts, transitioning the building’s appearance from generic warehouse to a sparkling example of making something that is old new again.