The Wyatt

 

The Wyatt
Location: Portland, OR (1205 NW Marshal)
Architect: Fletcher, Farr & Ayotte
General Contractor: Andersen Construction
2009 Hammurabi Honor Award Recipient

 
The Wyatt (originally named the Cronin, after the site’s previous warehouse tenant) was designed by Portland’s Fletcher, Farr and Ayotte to be the jewel of Portland’s North Pearl district. It is a 15-story brick structure that contains 246 residential units above the street level retail shops. The building’s owners wanted a connection to the site’s history, so the building incorporates a large number of salvaged brick from the previous structure as a key architectural feature of the new building, and also maintains an iron truss connecting the building to the renowned Bridgeport Brewery across the street. J&S, working as a subcontractor for Andersen Construction, also provided all of the exterior scaffolding on this project. All told, J&S laid over 300,000 brick on the Wyatt , in addition to the 20,000 CMU and over 5,000 Calcium Silicate Masonry Units.